I can’t believe my last post was in March. I think I committed a little bit of blogger crime by not keeping up with weekly or even monthly posts. Until last night, I was under the impression that you don’t blog until everything’s perfect so I did just that. Nothing was perfect, so I stayed away…far, far away until there was something perfect for me to share. I was reading IHeartOrganizing’s update on her kitchen reno last night when my whole perception changed [and a few of my MTH notes came swirling back in my head]. There’s so much to be learned and celebrated in the mess. Social media has taught us to only share the perfection which leads to a snowball effect of always one-upping yourself. So here’s the messes we have been rolling around in and celebrating since March:
- DIY Shaker-style doors for our builder-grade built-ins [we made these ironically, to hide the MESS of toys].
- A vintage desk turned bathroom vanity.
- Really pouring into our marriage by binge-watching The Goldbergs and going to sleep at a reasonable hour.
- Raising two wild and crazy toddlers and trying to be in the moment rather than Instagram the moment.
- 12 weeks of relentless nausea and exhaustion [hello baby #3…welcome to our
mess,I mean nest].
- Figuring out where to put everyone come January!
So 5 months of inactivity online, but as you can see, we’ve been a little busy [okay, maybe a little lazy too] IRL. Now that things don’t have to be perfect, I’m anxious to share the good, the bad, the oh hell no’s and the almost perfects with you!