Happy Monday, friends! I mentioned in a blog post earlier this month that shopping Ooh La Laura would be getting even easier and today I am sharing just how that’s possible.
This month I am celebrating the achievement of a big blogger–goal: acceptance into the rewardStyle program. This platform allows bloggers, influencers, and now me, the ability to monetize my posts, pins, and pictures through affiliate linking. RewardStyle is the blogger back end [for me!] and LIKEtoKNOW.it is the shopper front end [for you]. While everyone can join and shop the LiketoKnow.it app, only influencers who apply and are accepted have access to rewardStyle.
What am I LIKEtoKNOW.it-ing?
Have you seen this combination of hashtags, links and mentions on your social media feed?
Today I am breaking down what it is and why you should Like.to.Know.It.
Quick LIKEtoKNOW.it Tutorial
Here are the basics. LIKEtoKNOW.it is a shopping app that allows the user to screenshot an enabled image via Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest and then instantly shop the items tagged. Super easy right? A few ways to tell if an image is “enabled” for shopping:
- A little LTK icon will be visible in the bottom right corner of the image
- The following handles and hashtags listed in the caption or visible when tapping the photo for sources:
@liketoknow.it, @liketoknow.it.home, @liketoknow.it.family.
#liketoknowit #ltkunder50 #ltkstyletip #ltkhome #ltksalealert
- A call to action to follow the person on LIKEtoKNOW.it.
How to Shop the Ooh La Laura Looks
1. First – download the app and sign up for an account! It’s free, easy and accessible from your mobile device or desktop. I have belonged to LIKEtoKNOW.it for at least three years. I love it for the simplicty of gaining information and instantly shopping other influencers’ home decor, fashion staples and beauty faves.
3. Not only can you screenshot an image and have the details linked in your LTK feed, but you can also choose how to receive them via your inbox.
4. Shop your likes and screenshots all from one feed or head to a specific influencer page, like mine.
5. Follow other influencers and bloggers for more shopping inspiration. Here are a few of my favorites to help get you started:
Yup. It’s that simple. It costs $0. It does not affect the price you pay per item when shopping. Even better, you will likely become more aware of shopping steals and deals quicker than if you were to browse websites or stores on your own. It’s like having millions of shopaholics looking out for your shopping “needs” every day. I mean don’t call us your shopping guardian angels…unless you really want to.
What’s In It For You, Laura?
So you are probably wondering why I’ve spent valuable time educating you on a shopping app, right? The benefit of being accepted as a rewardStyle influencer is the small commission I can receive when you shop using affiliate links on my blog, screenshots on my Instagram feed or directly through my page on the LiketoKnow.it app. While blogging, shopping and styling provide a creative outlet, it can also be an additional source of income for our family, and hopefully launch into a full-time career.
Wherever you are, whatever you’re doing, I hope your Monday is a major win. I am trying to find the grace in this season of back-to-school and all that comes with it [a surprising amount of paper clutter!]. What are you going to embrace today? Write it down in a notebook, app, calendar, or in the comments below.