I am heading to the b-e-a-c-h this morning for a little R&R with some girlfriends while our husbands team up for some group-parenting events. I booked this getaway at the end of July and life has been so crazy every day since. I haven’t had time to engage in the enthusiastic countdown texts, feel my flight anxiety or vet wardrobe options.
My whole suitcase is in disarray as I type this, but by time this pops up on your browser I’ll be somewhat packed, through security and caffeinated beverage in hand. Today I am sharing 15 fall finds under $50. Can you spot the theme of these fall faves? Leave it in the comment section if you sense a trend!
Click on an item for More Details
The Details on My 15 Under $50
- one: the felt fedora. I’ve worn a similar hat in so many blog posts [here, here, here] over the last few months. It’s one of my favorite accessories for fall. If you’re a local or just into horse racing, this piece is a perfect trend to compliment your attire when attending Keeneland and Breeder’s Cup [at Churchill Downs!]. It comes in 12, yes 12!, other colors and ships Prime.
- two: the layered statement necklace. I have been known to create this look with a shorter layered necklace and a long Y necklace, but this piece takes the guess work out of the equation.
- three: leopard scarf and square scarf. Unless you are living under a rock, you’ve likely noticed leopard is having it’s time in the style spotlight. If you aren’t ready to commit to a lot of leop, this scarf is the perfect way to level up a simple jeans, tee and sweater look. It’s oblong which makes it ideal for a classic loop around the neck. The square check scarf is one of my favorites. A square scarf can be worn multiple ways: as a vest and belted at the waist, in a triangle wrapped around the neck, and as a shaw.
Mini Scarf Tutorial [first appeared on Instagram Stories]
- four: seasonal doormat. There are so many styles of fall doormats from Target to Etsy to Home Goods and beyond. I love this on in particular and would layer it on top of a mat similar to the one on my front porch, but in black.
Our Fall Porch – A Work in Progress
- five: a chunky knit. You’ll be hard-pressed to beat the price for the amount of chunk this sweater provides. I love the curved hem and the overzealous neck. It comes in blush, burgundy, grey, black, green, pink, white and army green.
- six: lightweight vest. I may or may not have this exact vest in three colors…along with the thicker puffer vest option too. I also may or may not have worn it all day at my 9-5 last winter. It’s the perfect weight for layering.
- seven: high and wide denim. Oh, these are real cute. The high-waist is but a dream and they have a bit of stretch to them which makes them comfortable enough for sitting on bleachers, the couch, or car. I love the raw edge hem detail, the distressed worn shade of black, and the loose cuff.
Favorite Black-ish Denim Hands Down
- eight: moto leggings. These are both awesome and athleisure all rolled into one. They are high waist and come down to the ankle in length. I just picked up a pair to wear to the airport for this weekend’s travel plans. You’ll have to check Instagram to see them in real life or buy online and pick up in store at your local Old Navy!
- nine: the western bootie. 9 out of 10 women will visit Target this weekend and if you’re one of them, I suggest scooping up this cutie booty. The heel height, the detailing, and the color are all a perfect storm on this season’s western boot trend. Also I made up that statistic, but it seems fairly accurate.
- ten: basic henley tees. When this link redirects you to Abercrombie, don’t X out immediately. Rumor has it, Abercrombie is not for the teens anymore, more like the thirty-somethings that wore Abercrombie as teens in the early 2000’s. So yeah, that’s me and I’m 100% here for these henley tees and the fact A&F is aging along side me. Now if I could just convince Justin and Britney to make it work…
- eleven: the quilted handbag. As a former handbag associate at Saks, I’ve always coveted the quilted Chanel bags so I am completely loving all the more affordable replicas hitting retailers this fall. Amazon has larger and more Chanel-esque bags but at a higher price point. For under $30, I love this chic little handbag just as well.
- twelve: faux suede tote. This summer I wore the good loving out of my Steve Madden/Balenciaga knock off. I even did a little research on how it was pulled from the shelves and a lawsuit pending. I don’t think bag is green with Balenciaga envy, but it gives off major moto vibes and I am loving it.
My Favorite Summer Bag is Steve Madden’s Pending Lawsuit
- thirteen: fashion sneaks. For a long time I believed gym shoes were all lumped into one category: athletics. Major athletic companies like Adidas, Nike, New Balance are coming in hot with the fashion sneaker to pair with your athleisure. These Adidas ones had me at rose gold. I almost purchased these at DSW and Kohls until I spotted them at Nordstrom Rack for $10 less.
- fourteen: statement earrings. Is it really an Ooh La Laura list if statement earrings isn’t on it? I am loving the resin and acrylic statement earrings for fall, especially these from SugarFix by BaubleBar. I adore the added touch of glam the crystal gem brings and the earthy, warmth the resin provides.
- fifteen: camo pants. Can I just admit right here and now that in the time [2 weeks] I’ve had these, I’ve had to forcefully stop wearing them. I can’t stop. I am obsessed with pairing these camo pants with basics and solids, slides and heels, tanks or layers. These just may be my most practical purchase for fall.
I hope you enjoyed today’s little fall 15 under $50 round up. Wishing you all a happy Friday and sweet Saturday and Sunday! Follow all my looks on Instagram or LiketoKnow.it and feel free to pin, share and shop today’s blog post.