Bring on the big 3-3
Happy Birthday to me, and to my mom. In all my 33 years, I’ve never acknowledged my mom on my birthday even though, as a mom myself, I know the day of your child’s birth, a part of you is born too. So to my mom, the woman who not only brought me into the world, but has worried over every bump, broken heart, and misstep, prayed over every turbulent trial, celebrated every victory and is my number one fan [you can tell by the comments on my posts], Happy Birthday. 33 looks good on you, girl, wink wink.
Acknowledging and remembering that other people play a significant part in my journey, whether it’s for a day, season or lifetime, is something I want to be more aware of and grateful for this year. With that in mind, I decided to create a birthday bucket list for all the other items, thoughts, projects, and dreams I want to be intentional about over the next 365 days.
My Birthday Suit is Sequins
- Take a self-defense class.
- Listen to more podcasts: one for home, one for marriage/motherhood, one for business, and one for finances.
- Invest in mindfulness and meditation.
- Actively participate while reading motivational books through note taking and thoughtful journaling.
- Worry less about the number on the scale and more about the health of my body.
- Eat healthier, snack less.
- Relax more intentionally – not just zoning out to Bravo and scrolling through a phone.
- Create a war room or a prayer circle and be vigilant about the prayers I am saying for others.
- Procrastinate less. Create a system that works for my schedule to aid in a more productive lifestyle.
- Utilize my power sheets…finally.
…for Ooh La Laura
- Continue to educate and engage in the social media and blog world.
- Go to a blogger conference.
- Create a newsletter system that is valuable for my readers [leave any suggestions for things you want to know below!]
- Produce quality content for readers and followers.
- Observe a Social Media Sabbath every Sunday to allow my creativity to recharge and my brain to power off.
- Document and celebrate the little [and big!] wins.
- Enjoy the journey over hustling toward the destination.
- Be selective in opportunities and only accept what aligns with my principles and brand.
- Get out of my comfort zone. Be bold and confident in new surroundings.
- Invest wisely.
…for my Family
- Put my phone away during the hours of 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. and be present.
- Family Prayer Board.
- Spread Kindness: Once a quarter fill bags with essentials, whip up PB&Js for the hungry, make cards and spread cheer to the lonely.
- Carve out time to be creative together.
- Upload photos, organize and print our family yearbooks.
- Set aside one day each month for a Kids in the Kitchen Day to bake or cook a meal.
- Let bedtime linger: rub backs, talk about their dreams, ask questions.
- Start a Best Memory jar and read them all on New Year’s Eve.
- Say Yes.
- Write a letter to each child on their birthday every year. Give the bundle of mama love when they are adults.
…for my marriage
- Make sure there is at least one 15 second kiss a day.
- Monthly marriage check-ins.
- Set aside time each evening for connecting without interruptions [tv, phone, work].
Shop the Post
There are so many things I hope to accomplish in this next trip around the sun, but it would all mean nothing without my husband standing beside me, my kids wrapping their arms around me, and my friends and family cheering me on. I am one lucky birthday girl and I pray for another year in good health and happiness.
Happy October 3rd, y’all! Enjoy few throwbacks to some of my past birthdays. Don’t ever say I don’t like cake…